How Now Blue Cow

The place I post funnies, so they can be deleted from my email.....

Saturday, June 16, 2007

Retired Marine

Ol' Tom was in his mid 50's, retired from his 30 years in the U.S. Marine Corps, started a second career. However, he just couldn't seem to get to work on time. Every day 5, 10, 15 minutes late. But he was a good worker, extremely sharp, so the Boss was in a quandary about how to deal with it.

Finally, one day he called him into the office for a talk. "Tom, I have to tell you, I like your work ethic; and you do a bang-up job, but you're being late so often is really quite bothersome."

"Yes, I know Boss, and I am working on it."

"Well good, you are a team player. That's what I like to hear. It's
odd though, you're coming in late so often. I know you're retired
from a lifelong career with the Marines.

What did they say if you came in late there?"

They always said, "Good morning, General."

Labels:

0 People laughed:

Post a Comment

<< Home